Parish Information

The History of Bodenham
Photographs of Bodenham
Local Information & Maps
Find Us
Local Amenities & Attractions
Local Walks
Local Services & Useful Links
Notice Boards
Future Events
Parish Newsletters
Parish Plan
Neighbourhood Plan
Parish Council Documents
BFPG Documents

Parish Council

Freedom of Information
Code of Conduct
Standing Orders
Data Protection
Council Documents

Bodenham Flood
Protection Group

Committee/Key Contacts
Events and Meetings
BFPG Documents

Parish Hall

Facilities and Rates
Regular Activities

Local Businesses

Local Businesses

Clubs and Societies

Clubs and Societies

Local Charities


Bodenham Chapel

Bodenham Chapel

Bodenham Church

Welcome to St Michael's and All Angels Church
The History of the Church
List of Services
Special Events

Bodenham School

St Michael's Church of England Primary School

Local Services

Police Contact Numbers

The non-emergency number for reporting incidents to 101 and then ask for West Mercia Police.

Our local West Mercia Police Safer Neighbourhood Team (SNT) is based at:
Bromyard Police Station
New Road

The home page for the Bromyard area can be found at https://www.westmercia.police.uk/article/2116/Bromyard
and this provides the latest news for the area, as well as links to pages showing the members of the SNT with their contact details, the most recent local crime figures, and much more.

Only call 999 in an emergency, when a crime is in progress or life is in danger.

Mobile numbers are NOT to be used for reporting incidents.

We live in a very low crime area. However, if you wish, you can see information about the number and nature of crimes that have occurred near us. These details are available on the national police website at https://www.police.uk/west-mercia/PAE07/ where you can view the different incidents that have taken place locally both recently and over longer periods. You can also find links to much other local policing information there.

Emergency SMS

Emergency SMS is a free service that allows you to use SMS (text messaging) to contact any of the UK 999 services (police, ambulance, fire & rescue or coastguard).

It is available for anyone who finds making a voice call difficult, has communication difficulties, or is deaf and includes members of the autistic community or individuals who might need to contact emergency services discretely.

To use the service, you need to pre-register your phone on the website. Please see more at http://www.emergencysms.org.uk/

Crime and Fraud Updates and Alerts

To get both daily updates and instant alerts about crime in the local area you are encouraged to sign up to the West Mercia Police Community Messaging Service at www.westmercia.police.uk/register. You will have to register an email address and then confirm your registration and give some details about where you live and which updates you want to receive. The service is free and full instructions are on the registration web-pages.

Action Fraud also provides a very useful service alerting subscribers to the latest scams and frauds doing the rounds. These are often very sophisticated and they are evolving all the time, so it is important to keep abreast of the latest developments. Action Fraud is produced by the National Fraud Intelligence Bureau which is run by the City of London Police as a national service. You can sign up to get the alerts at www.actionfraudalert.co.uk/index.asp.

Both these services are extremely useful in keeping you abreast of what criminals and fraudsters are targeting, where they are doing so, and how. The updates and alerts also come with practical advice on how to protect yourself from becoming a victim. You are encouraged to sign up to both services and also, where appropriate, to pass on warnings to your friends and neighbours, especially to those who might be most vulnerable.

Advice on Spotting and Dealing with Common Scams

A useful list of common scams and other fraudulent schemes, 70+ Scams and How to Avoid Them, can be found here, while you can also find a mass of police advice about preventing crime and spotting and dealing with scams on the 'Crime Prevention Alerts' Noticeboard on this website. (Look in the centre column of the Home Page or click here).

Parish Councils and Wards

An interactive map showing parishes, parish councils and ward members, as well as the boundaries for each, can be found here. It can be filtered to show the required information using the ‘map features’ tool to the top right of the map. Details of the membership of Bodenham Parish Council can, of course, be found in the laft hand column of this page of this website, together with the dates of future Parish Council Meetings and much more.

The Marches Surgery

The Marches Medical Practice has its main surgery in Leominster, with a branch surgery in Bodenham.

Appointments may be made by telephoning the main surgery (01568-614141) or the branch surgery at Bodenham (01568-797000) or in person at either surgery.

Details, including the opening times of the Bodenham Surgery and the dispensing service there, are given on the Practice’s website, click here.

If you wish, you can also sign up to receive news, information and other communications from the Practice by registering here.

Free Home Safety Advice

Hereford and Worcester Fire and Rescue service will give free advice on how to prevent fires from occurring and will give advice on other potential causes of accidents in the home.

Their Community Safety Teams can also visit your home at a time convenient to you and will fit a FREE Smoke Alarm. For more information call 0800-032-1155 (a free call!) or e-mail cfs@hwfire.org.uk

Flood Protection

If you need to report any issues relating to the risk of flooding in the Parish, or if you need advice or assistance on a matter to do with flooding in the area, please contact the Secretary of the Bodenham Flood Protection Group on 01568-797170 or at babsmitcheson@aol.com. For further information about the Flood Protection Group please click here.

Bus Services

Information about local bus services can be found here

Rubbish Collection and Recycling

Go to Herefordshire Council's website here to find out about waste collection and recycling.

Highways and Public Rights of Way Map

To see an interactive map showing all adopted highways and PROW that are maintained by Herefordshire Council with their names and classification please click here . To use it, select ‘List of Streets’ or 'Public Rights of Way' from the top bar of the map and search for the desired location. The key below the map will indicate what classification each adopted highway and PROW is. Those that are unadopted or not maintained by Herefordshire Council will show as grey (such as the A49, part of the A40 and the M50 that are all maintained by Highways England).

Road Closures and Traffic Flow

For a map showing the location and details of current and future road works (planned works will show two weeks prior to the works taking place), please go to the Herefordshire Council website by clicking here. The map will show who is undertaking the works, why, when and what traffic management system will be in place, as well as information about live traffic incidents and flow.

Similarly, through Twitter on you can also access a wealth of information 24/7 about road and bridge works and other schemes happening across Herefordshire, as well as (for example) timely updates on gritting during the winter months.

Reporting Problems

To report problems, such as potholes, flooding, fly tipping, graffiti, a full litter bin, dog fouling and many other similar issues, please either:

Via the internet:

Go to the Herefordshire Council website by clicking here and complete the appropriate report.

By phone: Alternatively ring the Operations Control Centre on 01432-261800.

Reporting via one of these methods ensures that issues are formally computer logged, assigned a unique reference number, assessed, and allocated to team members in accordance with the Highways Management Plan.

As well as being able to report defects via the Herefordshire Council website, you can also check what has already been raised as a defect by using the Pothole and Road Defect Progress Map here. Clicking on the numbered map icons will bring up individual defect icons and clicking on these will, in turn, bring up information about the date the defect was raised and its status, such as the anticipated completion date for its repair. This is helpful to prevent repeated reporting of the same defect and to provide reassurance that work is in hand.

Reporting Problems on Public Rights of Way

For any matters concerning Public Rights of Way please go to the Herefordshire Council website by clicking here and complete the report.

The Samaritans

The Samaritans provide confidential, non-judgemental emotional support, 24 hours a day for people who are experiencing feelings of distress or despair, including those which could lead to suicide. The website of the Hereford branch is at: http://www.samaritans.org/branches/herefordshire-samaritans

The Citizens Advice Bureau

The Citizens Advice service helps people resolve their legal, money and other propblems by providing free, independent and confidential advice, and by influencing policymakers. Every Citizens Advice Bureau is a registered charity reliant on trained volunteers and funds to provide these vital services for local communities.

For help please go to http://www.herefordshirecab.org.uk/

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS)

The Telephone Preference Service (TPS) is a free service. It is the official central opt out register on which you can record your preference not to receive unsolicited sales or marketing calls. It is a legal requirement that all organisations (including charities, voluntary organisations and political parties) do not make such calls to numbers registered on the TPS unless they have your consent to do so.

Organisations with which you have an ongoing relationship, for example those who regard you as a customer, (or in the case of charities - a donor) may well gather your consent during the early stages of your relationship with them and will therefore be entitled to call you even if your number is registered on TPS, unless you have previously told them specifically that you object to them calling you for marketing purposes.

The TPS can accept the registration of mobile telephone numbers. However it is important to note that this will prevent the receipt of marketing voice calls but not SMS (text) messages. If you wish to stop receiving SMS marketing messages, please send an 'opt-out' request to the company involved.

As TPS registration only prevents marketing calls, organisations will still be able to call you for the purposes of genuine market research.

To register your number or make a complaint the quickest and easiest way is to do this online by visiting https://www.tpsonline.org.uk//tps/number_type.html

Alternatively you can phone the Registration Line on: 0345-070 0707. You can call this number to register your number, discuss your concerns or request a complaint form to report receipt of unsolicited direct marketing calls.

For more information visit https://www.tpsonline.org.uk/tps/index.html



Freedom of Information | Terms | Accessibility

Website by Alpha Web Design